Saturday, December 12, 2009

slate is great

we got a sofa! while holiday shopping today kevin and I wandered into a west elm and found this waiting for us:
it covers everything we were looking for in a couch, somewhat modern but not too much, simple, grey, comfortable and not too spenny. in fact, we got a great deal thanks to someone's unused return. the sofa is part of the goodwin slate grey microfiber collection (also comes in a 68", a sleeper and an armchair). I was a little sweaty at the time of the big purchase as I don't make them very often, but as my sister so wittingly pointed out, "you spent three hundred on a pair of boots, this is a couch, it's worth it."

our living room color scheme is a leaning more towards the grey, yellow, white below - but much warmer with orange and blue mixed in. still need to paint our walls a pale grey. I think that will be a summer project for my teacher vacationed butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment