Wednesday, January 13, 2010

butler's pantry

Someday I want a big, old kitchen with a separate butler's pantry. Very Gosford Park. Although for most of us, the potential to have a "staff" is pretty minimal. What do I need a servant's staircase in the kitchen for? But I want one. (I just ended a sentence in an unnecessary preposition...god, I'm a Midwesterner).

The butler's pantry was a work horse in wealthy homes. Staff would prep food there, clean up, store dishes and silver, and ferry food through a dumb waiter to upper floors.


decorati

A modern, green butler's pantry....(drooling)...shiny...


house beautiful


source

source

sw design

source


Of course, I would need a dumb waiter

source


The dumb waiter to the wine cellar at Jefferson's Monticello.....yes!

source





No comments:

Post a Comment